Are you a foreign company looking for an opportunity to explore the U.S. market before going “all-in?” Check out the Maryland Global Gateway Soft Landing Program.
DATE LIMITE POUR CANDIDATER
The Maryland Global Gateway Soft Landing Program provides international companies with the opportunity to test out the U.S. market at an affordable rate. Soft Landing program partners (see full list here) provide participating companies with access to facilities, resources, advisors, and more. Eligible companies can also receive funding towards physical, programmatic, and other costs associated with market entry.
- Physically locate up to two staff at a time for six months, at a business facility where they are able to “plug and play” and have access to the facility amenities, such as internet and conference space. All official soft landing programs are able to assist with these costs for up to six months.
- Access, during the six month soft landing period, all relevant learning, networking, and mentoring services offered by the partner organization. All soft landing programs provide at least two of the following services:
- Educational programs/training on various business topics
- Networking events
- Funding for participants
- Strategic partnerships or other special programs
- Access to mentors, advisors, or entrepreneurs-in-residence
- Participate in at least five targeted matchmaking meetings with companies, industries, and other organizations in Maryland.
- Receieve assistance with business registration and navigating state regulations.
Many soft landing programs offer additional services or features. The Maryland Office of International Investment & Trade can assist companies regarding individual programs to learn more about the offerings of each program.
- Companies must be legally registered as a business in their headquartered country
- Companies must have been in existence for at least one year as of the application decision
- Companies must have at least 5 full-time, non-founder employees
- Companies must have a total sales revenue of at least $500,000 in one of the last 3 years, or a combination of outside investment and revenue equaling $500,000 in the prior year
To receive funds, companies must ultimately sign an agreement with a Global Gateway partner organization. It is not required to have a partner already in place for the initial application. If you are not already in contact with a partner organization, please complete the application and Commerce will work with you to identify one.
The Maryland Department of Commerce is now accepting applications for the Global Gateway Soft Landing Program for foreign companies who plan to land in Maryland no later than June 30, 2024.